HOME      GALLERIES      PHOTOGRAPHY      OPTICS      EXPERIMENTAL      ABOUT/CONTACT

ANIMATED GIF        BIREFRINGENCE        B.O.S.        CAMERA TRAP        INFRARED        LIGHTNING TRAP        MICROSCOPIC ORGANISMS
SCOTCH MOUNT        SMOKE        SOLARGRAPHY        STEREO        TILT-SHIFT        TWILIGHT TRANSITION        UVIVF        VELBON SLIDER        WIDE-ANGLE MACRO

⟪⟪    2018-12-01    ⟫⟫

 

After a long period with continuous problems with condensation inside the housing, I decided to make a new housing. This time I made it of plastic, since I suspected the old metal housing being the main reason why there was so much condensation. And indeed, the inside of the housing stayed bone dry for two months during some really wet weeks. I also changed the camera from a D80 to a D700, to get some better quality photos.

 

But there was definitely not much animal activity going on, or maybe it might be that the paint on the housing still smells a bit too much and scares the animals away. So I only got the back of a roe deer, and nothing more.

The new set-up.

 

Checking the inside of the camera housing after a very wet period. Fortunately, everything was still bone dry inside the box. (2018-11-07, 17:59:10)

 

A roe deer. (2018-11-22, 09:31:44)

 

Δ
Δ
Δ